Welcome to the Website of the Traffic Director's Guild of America
Radio-TV Industry Headlines (Members Can Click Here For Mini-Summaries and/or links to Source Articles)
Photos (from left): Queen Latifah; Show Ends in March of 2015; Ferguson Policeman Darren Wilson; Arnie Kleiner Retiring at KABC-TV; RAB Reports 2% Slide in Broadcast Revenues; Mike Nichols, Dead at 83; NJ's Frank Pallone New Ranking Minority on E&C Committee; Bill Cosby Comedy Series Plans Dropped by NBC; SNL's Cecily Strong: Motown's Jimmy Ruffin; Pandora's Mike Herring; President Obama Gives Thurs. Night Cable Networks Ratings A Boost w/Immigration Annct.; PBS' Masterpiece Expands Sunday Nights;
- 11/21/14 - FCC Issues Rulemaking For Detailing Broadcast Contests On The Internet
- 11/21/14 - Queen Latifah Show Cancelled; Ends in Mrch
- 11/21/14 - Radio Broadcast Revenues Drop 2%; Digital & Off-Air Revs are boith Up!
- 11/21/14 - CNN: Ferguson MO Policeman Darren Wilson In Negotiation Talks To Resign
- 11/21/14 - Date Change for Golden Mike Award for NAB to Avoid NASBA Date Conflicts
- 11/21/14 - WNBC-TV Drops "Biggest Loser" To Carry Immigration Winning Address by President
- 11/21/14 - Arnie Kleiner Retiring at KABC-TV After 45 Years in TV Admministration
- 11/21/14 - CBS & DISH Agree to Temporary Extension As Retrans Talks Continue
- 11/20/14 - Director Mike Nichols, (The Graduate, Virginia Wolf) Dead at 83
- 11/20/14 - House Passes Compromise STELAR Bill; Senate & House Will Try to Merge Two Bills Into One
- 11/20/14 - Cong. Pallone (D-NJ) Gets Ranking Member Status on House Energy & Commerce Committee
- 11/19/14 - NBC Drops Plans For Bill Cosby Comedy Show
- 11/19/14 - ‘SNL’ Cast Member Cecily Strong Tp Host 2015 White House Correspondents’ Dinner
- 11/19/14 - Motown's Jimmy Ruffin Dies At 78; Biggest Hit? "What Becomes Of The Broken Hearted?"
- 11/19/14 - WEWS Get Cleveland Browns Carriage For 2015 Season
- 11/19/14 - Station in Gilroy CA (Garlic Capital of World) Gets Hit With 18K FCC NAL (Fine)
- 11/19/14 - Pandora Says Its Proposed 25% of 2016 Streaming Revenues Are Fair To Copyright Holders
- 11/19/14 - ABC, CBS, & NBC Will Not Carry Thursday Night Presidential Immigration Annct.
- 11/19/14 - Look Out Commercial TV- PBS is Expanding Sunday Night's Masterpiece
- 11/19/14 - Industry Groups Urge Congress To Renew Tax Breaks
We Know What Traffic Professionals Are Worth; But What Are They Paid? What's Their Satisfaction Level? And, What's In Their Future? -The answers, my friend are not written on the wind... but, rather, on the pages of the soon-to-be published TDGA Traffic Professionals Salary Survey. The data is growing from any early trickle to a rushing tide and before our data-gathering period ends (on December 31st), we historically experience something just short of a Tsunami of responses. We're already spotting what statisticians love to refer to as early trending. But the bottom line numbers, job and satisfaction scores and key demographics are showing definite changes as the years of recessions, cutbacks, outsourcing and hub transitioning has settled down-- the 2015 Release due for publication on January 15th appears to be one of the most informative to date.(Member or Non-Members Are Invited This Year) completing the study gets the full Overview of facts and figures when its released in mid-January.. Quick, easy and (honestly) very non-intrusive- but that all converts to a super package when we e-mail you your own copy.
TDGA Traffic Digest Traffic Professionals Daily - CLICK HERE To Access Headline Stories Listed Below
- Snapshot One: The Trending For Radio Traffic Professionals in Radio (Based on October Survey Responses)
- NEW! - Snapshot Two: A Look at Television Traffic Professionals with Out-Takes From the Initial 30-Days of Data Gathered for the TDGA 20-14-2015 Salary Survey
- OVERVIEW - Apples and Oranges Usually Provide More than Fruit Salad When It Comes To Traffic Professionals
Traffic Digest Headlines - Details for Members
11/20/14 - Snapshot TWO: A Look at Television Traffic Professionals with Out-Takes From the Initial 30-Days of Data Gathered for the TDGA 20-14-2015 Salary Survey;
- Joins Snapshot ONE on Radio
- 11/20/14 - Yahoo Becomes Mozilla Firefox Default Search Engine; Enhancements Under Bing Next Month
- 11/19/14 - Businesses Keeping A More Vigilant Eye on The Gender Pay Gaps
- 11/19/14 - TDGA Moving All Email to email@example.com
- 11/19/14 - MediaOcean Partners With Videology To Modify Video Ad Buying
- 11/19/14 - Another Programmatic Report: Programmatic Set to Move Up the Sales Funnel in 2015
- 11/18/14 - A Marketing Survey Report To Pass Along To Your Marketing/Sales Staff
- 11/17/14 - TDGA Members Get Advance December Traffic-Bookkeeping-Business Calendar
Attention Traffic! Here Are Important Dates Regarding Political Windows
- 11/21/14 - NexStar Announces They're Buying KLAS-TV in Las Vegas
- 11/20/14 - Apple To Offer Its Beats Music Service On its iPhones Under iPhione Brand
- 11/20/14 - Good Day On Wall Street For Cumulus May Translate to Added Stock Buys by Crestview
- 11/20/14 - Liberty's John Malone Says He'd Pursue TWC Again if Caomcast Deal Falls Apart
- 11/19/14 - L.A. Radio Market Up 3% in local and 5.7% in national spot for Oct.
- 11/19/14 - Joey Cohn Retains GM Position at KPLU
- 11/18/14 -Sinclair Names John DeSimone Gen.Manager In The Madison, WI Market
- 11/18/14 - Dave Santrella Adds Network Duties at Salem
- 11/17/14 - IRS Allows Cafeteria Plan Election Changes To Coordinate with ACA Exchanges
- 11/17/14 - Comcast/TWC approval could have baggage to Keep Internet "Open"
- Proceedings to Begin to Revise Rules for Broadcasters’ On-Air Contests and Expand the Online Public File Obligations to Radio, Cable and Satellite
November 28, 2014: Effective Date of TV JSA Filing Requirement; (Note that ALL TV JSAs must be placed in the online public inspection files of both stations involved in the JSA.]
December 1, 2014: Lic. Renewal Post-Filing Annct. (5th of required six) - Comm. & Non-Comm. Full-Power and Class A TV Stations in AK, HI, OR,WA, American Samoa, Guam, the Mariana Islands, and Saipan
December 1, 2014: Airing of License Renewal Pre-Filing Announcements (first of the required four pre-filing announcements) - Commercial and Noncommercial Full-Power and Class A Television Stations in New Jersey and New York
December 1, 2014: License Renewal Applications (FCC Form 303-S) and EEO Program Reports (FCC Form 396) must be filed with FCC and Placed in Public Information File - Commercial and Noncommercial Full-Power and Class A Television Stations, TV Translators, and LPTV Stations in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont
December 1, 2014: Annual EEO Public File Reports must be placed in stations’ public inspection files - Commercial and Noncommercial Full-Power and Class A Television Stations and AM and FM Radio Stations in Alabama, Colorado, Connecticut, Georgia, Maine, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Montana, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Rhode Island, South Dakota, and Vermont
December 1, 2014: Biennial Ownership Reports (FCC Form 323-E) must be filed with FCC and placed in stations’ public inspection files. Noncommercial Television Stations in Alabama, Connecticut, Georgia, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont; Noncommercial AM and FM Radio Stations in Colorado, Minnesota, Montana, North Dakota, and South Dakota
December 6, 2014: Political Window Closes in Louisiana; Special Runoff Election Between Mary Landrieu and Bill Cassidy
- 11/21/14 - Intel Calls On Big Bang Theory Star To Build Its Brand
- 11/21/14 - SpongeBob, Sweepstakes Are In Macy's Black Friday Plans
- 11/21/14 - Google Tests Ad-Free Subscriptions to Websites
- 11/21/14 - Volkswagen To Halt Run of Super Bowl Ads in 2015
- 11/21/14 - TV's Targeted-Ad Future Begins To Take Shape
- 11/20/14 - Rubicon: Programmatic Ads Are Coming To i iAd
- 11/20/14 - Nikon Campaign Targets "Generation Image"
- 11/20/14 - GroupM, Conde Nast Strike Agreement on 100% Viewability
- 11/20/14 - GSP Campaign For New York Post Knows "It Made You Look"
Pass These Along To Your Sales & Continuity Team - Another Value Added Feature for TDGA Members Only
Looking For Help? Looking For A New Position? Nothing Connects Employee and Employer in Traffic Like TDGA's Classifieds - Check it out on a regular basis, whether your station is looking for the perfect addition; or when it's time to seek greener pastures for yourself. Our listings are "complimentary" for TDGA Members and we cover the spectrum of position categories from Management up and down the ladder. We do "not" list Intern positions (unless paid positions. Click on the icon for our very simple ground rules on submitting listings; and what's available right now
To All Members of TDGA ! - Please note, access to the E-Mail In-Box (for Members Only) can be found in the Header of The Members Home Webpage. (You'll need to log-in using your Members LogIn ID and Password. Here, you may submit articles, comments, observations or suggestions to share with other members by sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll do our best to get them posted quickly in this member-only service.
TDGA is a Non-Union Professional Membership Association For Broadcast Traffic, Continuity, Operations, Sales and Business Management Personnel - Our Membership Association serves over 5,000 Broadcasters in the United States, Canada and in 15 Nations around the World who have decided to transition from a "position" to a "Profession" in Broadcasting. TDGA Members can Login Directly by Clicking on the Member Login; Non-Members, of course are invited to join. The Initial dues are $45.00 for the first year of your membership, then each renewal thereafter reduces to $30.00 per year. There are no hidden extra costs, no nickel or dime items- One fee covers full access membership to everything offered. You can learn more about TDGA by sampling the tabs above, such as About TDGA, or Joining TDGA. Or, if you want instant membership, click here - Register and use our quick, secure online credit card membership application.