Welcome to the Website of the Traffic Director's Guild of America
Photos (from left): Sen. John Thune (R-SD) says Communications Act To Be Overhauled by Congress; Former Bush Atty. General Alberto Gozales to Address Hispanic Broadcasters Conference; Final Spot goes for $4.5M for Sunday's Super Bowl; Discovery SVP, Content & AWM Board Chair Kristen Welch; Imagine Comm. VP Product Mgnt. & AWM Chair Elect Sarah Foss; WideOrbit Radio Sales & AWM Board Member Suzie Hedrick; OAB Pres & AWM Board Member Christine Merritt; Vice-Board ChairGAB Inducts 5 in their Hall of Fame; Indiana Gov. Mike Pence (R-IN); Gov. Sam Brownback (R-KS) To Cut 16% From Pubster Support; Christopher "Kit" Carson, Call Screening Producer of Limbaugh Radio Show Dies from Cancer; David Oxenford uncovers FCC Lenient Tower Site Policy in Auctions
- 01/29/15 - Indiana Governor Drops Taxpayer-Financed, State-Controlled News Bureau Idea
- 01/29/15 - Congress To Overhaul Communications Act Says Thune
- 01/29/15 - Former AG Alberto Gonzales To Keynote RadioINK Hispanic Conference in Dallas
- 01/29/15 - FCC Announces May 29, 2015 Licensing Deadline for Spectrum Repacking Protection
- 01/28/15 - Super Bowl A Sellout; $4.5Million for a :30 Sec.Spot; $308 M For The Telecast
- 01/28/15 - Net Neutrality Showdown As GOP Congress vs. Free-Wheeling Wheeler at FCC
- 01/28/14 - Traffic & Broadcasters Well Represented on New AWM Board for 2015
- 01/28/15 - Coleman Insights Says Stations Might Be Turning Over Playlists Too Soon
- 01/28/15 - GAB's 80th Anniversary and Hall of Fame Inductees at Georgia Launch Party
TDGA Special Member Release 2015 Salary Survey Results for Members;
- Radio Traffic up Nearly 4.7%
- Some Television Positions Jump Over 11%
- Traffic Digest Special Feature: Do You Want a “Traffic Manager” or a “Print Button?”
- Traffic Digest Special Feature: Traffic-101: The Case of the Spot at 8:59am
01/29/15 - NPR Announces New Format Clocks for 4 Programs
- "Fresh Air," "Fresh Air (Weekends)", "Here & Now" and "Only A Game"
- 01/28/15 - Jacapps Offers Voice-Activated Streaming Ads
01/28/15 - Attn: HR, Business Managers & Bookkeeping:
- 5 States Could Leap To Top If Court Denies Subsidies for ACA
- 01/28/15 - Triton Digital & EXelate offer Programmatic for Web Radio
- 01/27/15 - Bonneville Int’l Expands Marketron Relationship; Adds Mobile Marketing Solution
- 01/27/15 - In Traffic, Do You Fall Under The 70-20-10 Rule?
- 01/26/15 - Set Aside Dates Now: TDGA Brings Traffic Tour to 5 Alabama DMA's May 5, 6 & 7th
- 01/26/15 - Imagine Communications (OSI, Novar, Eclipse Traffic Supplier) Buys RGB Networks
- 01/26/15 - Avid Announces Pro Tools First for Music Creation Capabilities
- 01/26/15 - Happy 32nd Birthday Lotus 1-2-3 !
01/29/15 - A New Payroll Model for other "Low-Level" Paying Positions?
- Example: Fast Food Could Pay $15 an Hour & Maintain Current Profit Levels
- 01/29/15 - Sound Exchange: Record Year For Performer's Digital Royalties
- 01/29/15 - iHeartMedia, iHeartCommunications Set Feb. 19th for 4th Qtr. and Year
- 01/29/15 - Viacom Reports 5% Higher Revenue and Record Earnings Per Share for Quarter
- 01/28/15 - TDGA SPECIAL REPORT: Proposed Employee Overtime Regulation Changes
- 01/28/15 - Media General Rents the Entire 62nd Floor of the Empire State Building
- 01/28/15 - Meredith TV Stations Fiscal 2Q Revenues Up 50%
- 01/28/15 - Sinclair Names Elizabeth Worsham General Manager In Columbia-Jefferson City, MO
- 01/28/15 - Wages growing faster than expected (Yes, that includes Traffic Professionals)
- 01/28/15 - Good News - FCC Tells Hotels No More Blocking Outside WiFi Services
- 01/28/15 - The "How-To" of Planning A Programmatic Practice
- Comparing Mutually Exclusive Applicants for New Noncommercial Radio Stations Clarified by Court of Appeals
January 31, 2015: Copyright Royalty Fee: Annual Minimum Fee Statement of Account Form Due
February 1, 2015: Annual EEO Public File Report Required—Station Employment Units that have five or more full-time employees and are comprised of radio and/or television stations licensed to communities in Arkansas, Kansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Nebraska, New Jersey, New York, or Oklahoma must by this date place in their public inspection file and post on their station website a report regarding station compliance with the FCC's EEO Rule during the period February 1, 2014 through January 31, 2015.
February 1, 2015 - FCC Form 323-E Biennial Ownership Report Due—Noncommercial television stations licensed to communities in Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, New Jersey, and New York, and noncommercial radio stations licensed to communities in Kansas, Nebraska, and Oklahoma (other than sole proprietorships or partnerships composed entirely of natural persons) must electronically file by this date their biennial ownership reports on FCC Form 323-E, unless they have consolidated this filing date with that of other commonly owned stations licensed to communities in other states. FCC Form 323-E does not require a filing fee. The form as filed must be placed in stations' public inspection files. Note that because this filing deadline falls on a weekend, the submission of this item to the FCC may be made on February 2.
February 1, 2015: Filing of Applications for Renewal of License for Television Stations—Full-power television, Class A television, LPTV and TV Translator stations licensed to communities in New Jersey or New York must electronically file their applications for renewal of license on FCC Form 303-S, along with their Equal Opportunity Employment Reports on FCC Form 396 by this date, and commercial stations must promptly submit their FCC license renewal application filing fee. FCC Forms 303-S and 396 as filed must be placed in stations' public inspection files. Note that because this filing deadline falls on a weekend, the submission of this item to the FCC may be made on February 2
February 1, 2015: Post-Filing License Renewal Announcements for Radio and Television Stations—Fullpower television stations and Class A television stations, as well as LPTV stations capable of local origination, licensed to communities in New Jersey or New York must begin on this date to air their post-filing license renewal announcements in accordance with the FCC's regulations. Additional announcements must air on February 16, March 1, March 16, April 1, and April 16. TV Translator stations, as well as LPTV stations not capable of local origination, licensed to communities in these states must arrange for the required newspaper public notice of their license renewal application filing.
February 1, 2015: Pre-Filing License Renewal Announcements for Radio and Television Stations—Fullpower television stations and Class A television stations, as well as LPTV stations capable of local origination, licensed to communities in Delaware or Pennsylvania, must on this date begin to air their pre-filing license renewal announcements in accordance with the FCC's regulations. Additional announcements must air on February 16, March 1, and March 16
February 1, 2015: Deadline for Posting OSHA Form No. 200 summarizing occupational injuries and illnesses for the calendar year 2014. The notice must remain posted until March1st and must be retained for 5 years. Employers with 10 or fewer full and part-time employees are exempt.
February 2, 2015 Important IRS Deadline Reminders for Today (Feb. 2nd)
- IRS: File Form 720 for the Fourth Quarter of 2014
- IRS: Furnish Forms 1098, 1099 and W-2G To Recipients for payments during 2014
- IRS: File Form W-2 to employees who worked for you during 2014
- IRS: Deposit any FUTA tax owed through December 2014
- IRS: File Form 2290 and pay the tax for vehicles first used in December 2014
- IRS: File Forms 940, 941, 943, 944 and/or 945 if you did not deposit all taxes when due
- IRS: File your tax return if you did not pay your last installment of estimated tax by January 15th
- 01/29/15 - Budweiser Offers "Puppy Love" Sequel "Lost Dog"
- 01/29/15 - CP+B Lets Twitter Users Decide Its Office Music
- 01/29/15 - Jeff Bridges Gets Sleepy for Squarespace's Super Bowl Ad
- 01/29/15 - Denny's, Erwin Penland Show Brand Tweets Can Work
- 01/28/15 - Adobe Says: Buy Mobile Ads on Sundays; Facebook Ads on Friday
- 01/28/15 - Millennial Agency Fluent Leands AT&T Work
- 01/28/15 - Newcastle Releases Band of Brands Super Bowl Spot
- 01/28/15 - GoDaddy Pulls "Puppy" Super Bowl Spot
TDGA is a non-union association dedicated to serving Revenue Management Scheduling Broadcast professionals, Accounts Receivable, Continuity, Operations and Business Management personnel. Most come from staffs of the world's leading Radio, Television, Cable, Website and Mobile service providers from more than 5,000 Broadcast facilities in the United States, Canada and 15 other nations. It has properly been described as an association that elevates members from an employment "position" to a true Broadcast "profession." Members seek, provide and exchange information, tips and techniques involving their skill sets.
Membership dues are modest, The ENTIRE FIRST YEAR'S membership dues are $45.00 (about 12-cents a day) Then a reduction to $30.00 per year FOR EACH ONE-YEAR PERIOD THEREAFTER (less than one-thin dime a day) . And there are no hidden costs, no surprise add-on expenses. Hundreds of pages, valuable exclusive reports, guides to solutions... all for that once a year fee. Not a member? You may join online via credit card (TDGA dues are tax-deductible as a professional expense) If you prefer to mail your application using a check for payment, CLICK HERE for a PDF Downloadable Join-By-Mail Form.