Welcome to the Website of the Traffic Director's Guild of America
Photos (from left): D-NJ Frank Pallone tells FCC To Avoid major reforms to Video Regulations *** Famed Sportscaster Vin Scully Sits Out Diodger's Post-Season following undusclosed meducal procedure *** iHeart's Brian Kaminsky Outlines iHeart Programmatic Approach to Agencies *** Cajun Chef Paul Prudhomme dies at 75 *** FCC's Ajit Pai does a modification on his campaign for AM Getting an FM Window *** Cumulus Mary Berner says NASH format isn't going awat ***iHeart Promotes Bill Cahill to SVP-Programming position *** Edith Chapin Named Executive Editor of NPR *** Rachel Maddow Named To Host Democratic Forum in South Carolina
<<BREAKING NEWS>> - 1 Dead, 1 Injured at Texas Southern (Second College Shooting Location Today);Earlier shooting at Northern Arizona University leaves one dead, three injured. Last week, a gunman opened fire on the campus of Umpqua Community College in Roseburg, Ore., killing nine and wounding nine others.
- 10/09/15 - WIS-TV & Alpha Media Radio Combine to Raise $736,000 For SC Flood Relief
- 10/09/15 - Key House Democrat Tells FCC Don't Impose Sweeping TV Video Reforms
- 10/09/15 - KANTAR MEDIA: TV Ad Clutter is Worse Than Ever
- 10/09/15 - Nielsen Gives Stations PPM Encoder Upgrade; Delivery Schedule Outlined
- 10/09/15 - Extant Cancelled by CBS
- 10/09/15 - Scully Sits Out Dodgers Post-Season Playoffs After Medical Procedure
- 10/09/15 - iHeart Maps Out Programmatic Efforts For Agencies
- 10/09/15 - CBS Extends Contract With St. Louis Blues Hockey Broadcasts
- 10/08/15 - Paul Prudhomme, Louisiana chef who popularized Cajun cooking, dies at 75
- 10/08/15 - John Boehner Cancels On ‘Tonight Show’ After Kevin McCarthy Bails On Speaker Race
- 10/08/15 - FCC's Pai Changes His Position on AM Translator Window
- 10/08/15 - Cumulus Quick To Say "NASH" Isn't Going Away
- 10/08/15 - iHeart Promotes Bill Cahill to SVP Programming Position
- 10/08/15 - Edith Chapin Named Executive Editor of NPR
- 10/08/15 - Rachel Maddow Named To Host Democratic Forum in South Carolina
Political Headlines & Updates - Please note that while TDGA would prefer to remain non-political in the implications conveyed in articles of a political nature, the significant impact of political advertising in our member's business interests cannot allow us to turn a blind eye to this segment of our Industry. We make a concerted effort to provide a balanced presentation. Any inferences, implications and or opinions expressed in these articles do not necessarily reflect those of TDGA, its advertisers or its membership. All articles are provided for informational purposes only and their sources are clearly identified via hyperlinks to the original published material. TDGA does, however, reserve the right not to publish material that we believe lacks any credible basis in fact or is not attributable to a direct quote.
Democratic Debate (Las Vegas) – CNN - CNN Democratic Primary Debate, Live Stream: CNN.com; 9pm ET (8pm CT, 6pm PT), Location: Wynn Las Vegas, Sponsors: CNN, Nevada Democratic Party Moderators: Anderson Cooper, Don Lemon, and Dana Bash; Candidates: Clinton, Sanders, O'Malley, Webb, Chafee Read more at http://www.uspresidentialelectionnews.com/2016-debate-schedule/2016-democratic-primary-debate-schedule/#5HA1kCZ2bmThPc1g.99
- 10/09/15 - President Visits Roseburg As Gun Control Debate Intensifies
- 10/09/15 - "Only Ryan Can Save Us Now," Say Republicans
- 10/09/15 - Dates Set for Univision & PBS Democratic Debates
- 10/09/15 - Report: Biden Aides Meet With DNC To Review Rules For Candidates
- 10/08/15 - Kevin McCarthy Drops Out of Speaker of the House Race
- 10/07/15 - Bill Clinton Says Trump Is GOP's Most Interesting Character
- 10/06/15 - North Carolina Moves Primaries to March 15th (2016)
- 10/05/15 - Clinton Tacks Left Of Sanders As She Takes On Gun Control
- 10/05/15 - Bernie Sanders To Appear On Ellen Show After Democratic Debate
- TDGA RADIO Salary Survey for 2015-16 Launched
- Takes about 4-Minutes to Complete all 20 Questions
- How Will Radio Traffic Compare to $42,313 Average Salary Last Year?
TDGA TELEVISION Salary Survey for 2015-16 Launches
- Takes about 4-Minute to Complete all 20 Questions
- How Will TV Traffic Compare to $45,038 Average Salary Last Year?
- 10/07/15 - Contest Rule Revisions Published in the Federal Register; Effective Date Not Yet Set
- 10/06/15 - California Governor Signs Bill To Help Eliminate Gender Wage Gap
10/06/15 - Traffic Start Planning for the Coming Clutter
- It Looks Like Political Ads in 2016 Will Primarily be of the 15-Second Variety
- 10/05/15 - Broadway Systems Unveils New Cross-Platform Enhancements for Linear, VOD and Digital
- 10/02/15 - Looking Ahead? Program Logs Move To Standard Time on Sun., Nov 1st (at 2:00am)
- 10/02/15 - Have A Political Question That Stumps The Legal Community - Here's The Number to CALL
- 10/01/15 - Marketron Traffic Expert & VP of Int'l Sales Renee Roth Succumbs to Cancer Complications
- 10/01/15 - California Poised to Expand State Equal Pay Law
- 10/01/15 - Marketron and Synchronicity Form Partnership To Provide Live Log & Copy Control for Radio Advertising
- 09/29/15 - IAB Reveals Refreshed HTML5 Guidance
- 09/28/15 - Microsoft Office 2016 Touts Email Alternative Called "Groups"
- Downloads: Third Quarter Required Filing of Children's TV Reports (Complete Advisory)
- Downloads: Third Quarter Required Filing of Issue & Programs Reports (Complete Advisory)
- Downloads: Political Glossary Study Guide - for use with Political Certification Course
- Downloads: 2016 Political Windows, Dates & Deadlines - Updated 10/06/15
- Downloads: 24-Page Report & Order Modifying Station Contest Rules; On-Air and Online
- Downloads: Q&A: Contests Rules on The Station Websites – But What Details Do You Need To Post?
- Downloads: October-2015 Traffic-Bookkeeping-Business Manager's Calendar
- Downloads Guidelines For The Canadian TDGA Members on "Canadian" Upcoming Elections
- 10/09/15 - Fusion Channel Announces Layoffs and Cancels Programs
- 10/08/15 - Emmis Reports Flat Revenue For Fiscal Q2
- 10/08/15 - Katz To Rep Spotify
- 10/08/15 - Illinois Station Trio Sold By Connoisseur To Neuhoff in Bloomington
- 10/08/15 - Fiat Chrysler Avoids Strike With New Contract
- 10/07/15 - Deborah Barak Named President of CBS Business Operations
- 10/07/15 - Media General Declines Comment, But NY Post Says Their Meredith Deal Is Dead
- 10/07/15 - SC Flood Victims Get Extended Tax Filing Relief Till Feb. of 2016
- 10/07/15 - Facebook Adds New Broadcasting Features
- 10/07/15 - Sam Rogers Returns to CBS Radio As VP of National Sales & Partnerships
- October 10, 2015: Broadcast Station Reminder -- Quarterly Filings and Requirements: Issues/Programs Lists; Children’s Programming; and, Commercial Limits
- FCC Sets December 2 Deadline for Filing 2015 Biennial Ownership Reports for Commercial Broadcast Stations
- Keep Calm and Broadcast On: A Guide for Television Stations on Airing Captions and Audible Crawls in an Emergency
Saturday, October 10, 2015
- Children’s Television Programming during Q3-2015 - Records showing compliance with commercial limits on must be placed in stations’ public inspection files of All Commercial Full-Power and Class A Television Stations
- Issues/Programs Lists for Q3-2015 must be placed in stations’ public inspection files of All Commercial and Noncommercial Full Power and Class A Television Stations; Commercial and Noncommercial AM and FM Radio Stations
- Documentation of Class A Television Continuing Eligibility should be placed in stations’ public inspection files
- NAB Small Market Television Exchange (Ends Today)
Monday, October 12, 2015
- Columbus Day
- Native Americans' Day
- Indigenous People's Day
- Thanksgiving Day (in Canada)
2015 Kentucky Broadcasters Association Annual Conference will be held October 12-13 at the Hilton Downtown Lexington
- 10/09/15 - Why Advertising Needs To Open Its Doors To Older Talent
- 10/09/15 - Southwest Spotlights Its Fees in Transfarency Campaign
- 10/09/15 - KBS+ Highlights BMX X1 SUV's Features in Humorous Scenarions
- 10/09/15 - MEC Takes On All Media Planning, Buying for MetLife
- 10/09/15 - How Advertising To The LGBT Community Has Grown
- 10/07/15 - Hyatt Regency Launches Biggest Global Push
- 10/07/15 - ESPN Responds To Insider Trading Scandal by Suspending DraftKings Segments
- 10/07/15 - Spark Adds Media Buying To Its Taco Bell Roster
Three Approaches To Earn Your Political Traffic Certification for the 2016 Presidential, Congressional, State and Local Campaigns
The TDGA Political Traffic Certification Course and Examinations are intended for Commercial Radio & Television Stations in the United States Only. The Regulations reflect FCC & FEC regulations and most Non-Commercial (Public) Stations are prohibited from carrying advertising of any description. Non-Commercial Stations are welcome to participate, but because of advertising prohibitions for most non-commercial categories, the value would be minimal.
Imagine the impact of announcing your Station's, Cluster's, Group or Network's Traffic Staff has been fully Certified by The Traffic Director's Guild of America to insure expert, trouble-free assistance in delivering your Candidate or Issue's Political Broadcast Campaign?. You can be ready to provide the answers inside and outside of the Political Windows, explain who qualifies for the mandated Lowest Unit Rates, Dayparting, effective scheduling opportunities and the differences between exempt or non-exempt categories for Advertisers, Agencies and your Political Advertising Sales team..
The software program, study guides and exams are currently being written to insure your station knows what campaigns are entitled to the LUC during Political Windows; and more importantly, which are not. Which spots are a qualified "use." and which are non-qualifying PACs, Super Pacs, etc. Best of all, we've been able to completely cover 100% of the cost for TDGA Members with a "current" membership status, offer Group opportunities to join or renew recently expired memberships. Each is far better than spending the $89.95 course fee for non-TDGA members.
And, (as they say in Broadcasting), if you act now you can become a TDGA member through November 8, 2016 (that's Election Day, 2016), have full access to the hundreds of reports, articles, studies, headlines, Traffic Digest and full access to the TDGA Resource Library for our standard membership fees. That includes the Course for the Political Certification endorsement. The three methods are outlined below. But you will need to act by September 30th if you are not a current TDGA Member, or if your membership has already expired and you may have failed to renew it.
If you are a current TDGA Member, with a current membership, this really is your Lucky Day. All you need to do is go to the Member website, use your Member LogIn ID and Password and update your "My Account" profile. We'll sweep the database every 48 hours and then send your confirmation to the email address in that profile (and updates leading up to the release of the full program by October 31, 2015). If you've forgotten your Member LogIn ID, send us an email and Insert User LogIn ID in the subject line. If your membership is current, there is no additional fee and you'll receive your overview within three days.
As you are within the one year "Grace Period" following the expiration of your earlier TDGA Membership, you are eligible for renewing your membership for the guaranteed renewal rate of $30 for the entire year. And once you renew, we'll go into the software and extend your one-year membership through November 8, 2016 (the Presidential Election day).
Then as with all current members, you'll soon receive special updated information explaining the Political Traffic Certification, prior to its release by October 31, 2015. If you've forgotten your Member LogIn ID, send us an email and Insert User LogIn ID in the subject line. We do not provide your old Passwords. If you've missed the one-year expiration "grace" period, your database may have been deleted. (We hold it for a full year after any expiration). You will have to pay the regular membership first year fee of $45. If that's the case, follow the process outlined below for those new to TDGA.
You have two choices... One is to pay the full $89.95 fees for the Certification software, courses and examinations-- OR, join TDGA as a brand new member. The first year complete fee is $45 and we'll extend that to November 8, 2016 to tie in with your Political Certification if you successfully pass the examination. By the way, that $45 includes the Certification program, so you'll be saving $89.95.immediately.
If there are any questions, unique circumstances or assistance needed, please feel free to send us an e-mail to email@example.com and we'll do our best to answer questions or assist you.
TDGA is a non-union membership association dedicated to serving Revenue Management Scheduling Broadcast professionals, Accounts Receivable, Continuity, Operations and Business Management personnel. Most come from staffs of the world's leading Radio, Television, Cable, Website and Mobile service providers from more than 5,000 Broadcast facilities in the United States, Canada and 15 other nations. It has properly been described as an association that elevates members from an employment "position" to a true Broadcast "profession." Members seek, provide and exchange information, tips and techniques involving their skill sets.
Membership dues are modest, The ENTIRE FIRST YEAR'S membership dues are $45.00 (about 12-cents a day) Then a reduction to $30.00 per year FOR EACH ONE-YEAR PERIOD THEREAFTER. And there are no hidden costs, no surprise add-on expenses. Hundreds of pages, valuable exclusive reports, guides to solutions... all for that once a year fee. Not a member? You may join online via credit card (TDGA dues are tax-deductible as a professional expense) If you prefer to mail your application using a check for payment, CLICK HERE for a PDF Downloadable Join-By-Mail Form.