Welcome to the Website of the Traffic Director's Guild of America
Photos (from left): Museum of Broadcasting';s Bruce Dumont announces major Electronic Upgrades; The View's Sharon Osbourne Takes Month's Hiatus After Collapsing; Mr. Slate on Flintstones (John Stephenson) dies at 91. He was also the closing epilog announcer on Dragnet; FCC's Thomas Wheeler Says PAC Disclosure Up To Congress To Pass; Atlantic City's Pinky Kravitz temporarilr sidelined following heart surgery as local celebs fill-in on his talk show; FCC Commissioner Jessica Rosenworcel nominated by President for a second term; Late Show With David Letterman Farewell after 33 years (22 of them for CBS from Ed Sullivan Theater in NY); Gary Resnick, FCC Advisory Panel Chair says FCC Rule Change for Cable will not be good for Consumers; Alison Engle SVP-Finance of Gannett honored by MFM with Distinguished CFO Award; of The Year; Sawyer Fredericks Wins Season 8 on The Voice on NBC; Rumer Willis Dances/Wins Mirrored-Ball Trophy on ABC's Dancing With The Stars; Alfonso Ribeiro named new host of America's Funniest Home Videos as Bergeron Steps Down; Mother Weber's Oldest Son Clark (Weber) retires after 50 years in Chicago Radio; Jim Osman becomes Media General's DC Bureau Chief; Nationwide Broadcast of TAPS - SiriusXM To Broadcast Taps On All Channels at 12 Noon ET on Memorial Day; (Why Not All Broadcast Stations?)
- 05/24/15 - ‘A Beautiful Mind’ Mathematician John Nash Killed in NJ Taxi Crash
- 05/24/15 - Bruce DuMont Announces Major Electronic Upgrades at Museum of Broadcasting
- 05/23/15 - Sharon Osbourne Takes Month's Hiatus From The View After Collapsing
- 05/22/15 - John Stephenson, Voice of Mr. Slate on Flintsones, Dies at 91
- 05/22/15 - 60 House Members Sign Up For Retaining Full Tax Deduction Write-Off for Advertisers
- 05/22/15 - It's Up To Congress To Pass PAC Disclosure Regulations Says FCC's Wheeler
- 05/22/15 -The Director of 17 Oscar Telecasts, Marty Pasetta, Dies in Auto Accident. He Was 82
- 05/22/15 - FCC Considers Changes to Radio's Regulatory Fees
- 05/22/15 - ‘19 Kids And Counting’ Yanked In Wake Of Josh Duggar Child Molestation Allegations
- 05/21/15 - Seven FCC Reform Bills Pass House Subcommittee in Contentious Markup
- 05/21/15 - Atlantic City's Pinky Kravitz Takes Hiatus Following Heart Surgery
- 05/21/15 - FCC's Rosenworcel Nominated for 2nd FCC Term by President
05/21/15 - Late Night Ends An Era for TV Host David Letterman
- His Sign-Off and Final Words Ending a Late Night Era
- Preliminary Ratings Show Bigger Audience Than Prime Time Shows
- 05/21/15 - Fox News/Facebook Hosts Top 10 GOP Debate Candidates 08/06/15 in Cleveland
- 05/21/15 - CNN Will Divide Second GOP Debate(s) Into Two Groups on September 16th
- 05/22/15 - Marketron Plans "Live Radio Programmatic Buy" During Convergence Conf. May 27th
- 05/22/15 - WinMedia Releases WinMedia 2015 Platform
- 05/21/15 - Imagine and ECN Eliminate Manual Entry for Copy Revisions and Make Goods With LandmarkOSI Traffic & Billing 8.4
- 05/21/15 - Why Programmatic TV Is More Mainstream Than You Think
- 05/20/15 -Influence FM Added To The Envision Offering Menu
- 05/19/15 - The Time Has Come To Discuss Key Points Involving The Traffic Department
- 05/19/15 - IT Salary Reports Show Similarities to Traffic Professionals; Give or Take Several Thousand Per Year
- 05/18/15 - MFM Panel Examines The "Demand" for "OnDemand"
- 05/18/18 - Are Radio & Television Making The Switch From Demographics to "Buyergraphics" ?
- 05/18/15 - Attn Kentucky Traffic & Sales Depts: Don’t Gamble on Internet Café Advertising (in KY)
- 05/24/15 - Dove Broadcasting Acquires Nashville Independent WJFB-TV
- 05/21/15 - Gray TV Acquires KOSA Odessa (Texas) for $33.6 Million
- 05/21/15 - Canada's Bell Media Appoints Stuart Garvie President, Sales
- 05/21/15 -Spotify Adds Podcasts & Video to its Already Established Music Offerings
- 05/21/15 - Vice Media Launches Digital Sports Channel in Canada
- 05/20/15 - NPR Podcast Revenues Rise; But Board Questions The Effect on Radio Sales
- 05/19/15 - ATTN: Business Managers: 401(k) plans must be monitored by employers, high court says
- 05/19/15 - Charter, Bright House Moving Forward With $10.4B Deal
- 05/19/15 - Cumulus Promotes 4-leg Platform to Investors.
- 05/19/15 - 37 TV Projects Apply for $80 Million in California Tax Credits
- 05/18/15 - Alpha Media to purchase Morris Communications Radio stations
- YOUR "SUGGESTED" NEW FCC FEES: - FCC Changes on Regulatory Fees for Radio & TV
- FCC ADOPTS SECOND-SCREEN DEVICES RULES - Emergency Information Accessibility Rules for Second-Screen Devices
- NEW CALIFORNIA LAW BEGINS JULY 1st: - California Sick Time Law: Beyond the Basics
- ATTN. KENTUCKY TRAFFIC & SALES DEPTS: Don’t Gamble on Internet Café Advertising (in Kentucky)
Legal Reminders For Traffic, Business Managers and Bookkeeping
Monday, May 25, 2015
- Memorial Day
Tuesday, May 26, 2015
- Beginning Today: Television stations must use a secondary audio stream to convey televised emergency information aurally, when such information is conveyed visually during programmingother than newscasts. This applies to Any Television Station Licensed by the FCC
Thursday, May 28, 2015
- IRS: Deposit Payroll Tax for payments on May 20-22 if the semiweekly deposit rule applies.
- DEADLINE FOR ENTRY: Idaho State Broadcasters Assn. Best in Broadcasting Awards.
- Vermont Association of Broadcasters 60th Annual Convention – Capitol Plaza Hotel & Conference Center, Montpelier. Click Here to Register.
Friday, May 29, 2015
- IRS: Deposit Payroll Tax for payments on May 23-26 if the semiweekly deposit rule applies.
Sunday, May 31, 2015
- Trinity Sunday (Christian)
- Last Day of Broadcast Month for May, 2015. & Last Day of Standard Calendar Month for May, 2015
- 05/23/15 - J&J, Sony, VW Launch Media Reviews
- 05/22/15 - Starcom, Carat and 360i To Work on Darden's Media Accounts
- 05/22/15 - Purina Site Offers Advice, Resources fir Dog Owners
- 05/22/15 - Mars, Hershey See An Opportunity in Healthy Snack Bars
- 05/22/15 - Olive Garden Celebrates Family in Emotionally Rich Spot
- 05/22/15 - Group Licenses "Got Milk?" Brand for Food Product Lines
- 05/21/15 - Grey San Francisco Picks Up Lending Tree Creative Account
- 05/21/15 - Pizza Hut Ad Warns About Dangers of Selfie Stick
- 05/21/15 - Postal Service Creates Web Dashboard To Show Off Strong Momentum
- 05/21/15 - American Eagle Takes On New Entrants With Don't Ask Why Brand
- 05/21/15 - Delta Features Online Stars In New Safety Video
TDGA is a non-union association dedicated to serving Revenue Management Scheduling Broadcast professionals, Accounts Receivable, Continuity, Operations and Business Management personnel. Most come from staffs of the world's leading Radio, Television, Cable, Website and Mobile service providers from more than 5,000 Broadcast facilities in the United States, Canada and 15 other nations. It has properly been described as an association that elevates members from an employment "position" to a true Broadcast "profession." Members seek, provide and exchange information, tips and techniques involving their skill sets.
Membership dues are modest, The ENTIRE FIRST YEAR'S membership dues are $45.00 (about 12-cents a day) Then a reduction to $30.00 per year FOR EACH ONE-YEAR PERIOD THEREAFTER (less than one-thin dime a day) . And there are no hidden costs, no surprise add-on expenses. Hundreds of pages, valuable exclusive reports, guides to solutions... all for that once a year fee. Not a member? You may join online via credit card (TDGA dues are tax-deductible as a professional expense) If you prefer to mail your application using a check for payment, CLICK HERE for a PDF Downloadable Join-By-Mail Form.